Ozone Therapy was invented by German chemist name Christian Frederick Schonbein in 1840. Ozone was first used as operation room sterile agent and in drinking water sterile process. Later, it was adapt to treat allergy patients by drawing 10 cc of the patient’s blood to mix with ozone before inject the blood back into the buttock muscle (Auto Vaccine). The treatment was found to be effective, and was developed later into the ozone therapy.
Ozone Therapy Principal
Ozone therapy utilizes the unstable structure of ozone that comprises of 3 molecules of oxygen. The ozone machine transforms oxygen from the oxygen source which comprises of 2 molecules of oxygen into ozone. The ozone is mixed with the patient’s blood that had been drawn out into the ozone kit (about 200 cc.). After the energized blood was infused back into the patient, ozone molecule separate into 2 parts which are:
- O2 or pure oxygen molecule that energized the body cells.
- O or singlet oxygen which is unstable. The singlet oxygen will attack with molecules in tissues and in the blood stream and cause Oxidative reaction.
The Oxidative Reaction Benefits:
- Destroy anaerobic microbe e.g. virus, and some type of bacteria. Ozone therapy is a adjuvant treatment of many diseases caused by these pathogen such as flu, Herpes, Shingles, and Hepatitis (both hepatitis B and C).
- Remove accumulated toxin by transforming toxin and waste into inert substances that can be excreted out via the liver and the kidneys safely.
Singlet Oxygen also attacks protein molecule on virus and bacteria surface and induces white blood cells to attack and destroy these microbe.
Ozone Therapy Benefits:
- Stimulate white blood cell production to ensure healthy immunity.
- Boost macrophage activity by an increase in gamma-interferon level by 400-900%, which increases pathocytosis process of white blood cells.
- Stimulate interleukin secretion from lymphocyte which increase the lymphocyte efficacy.
- Increase white blood cell and red blood cell elasticity which make them be more able to move through small capillaries. This is very beneficial in curing chronic diabetic ulcers and bed sores.
- Increase mitochondria energy production. Relieve fatigue symptoms, and increase sport performance.
- Stimulate antioxidant enzyme level of Superoxide dismutase (SOD), Catalase, and Glutathione Peroxidase.
Who needs Ozone Therapy ?
- People who have flu or other types of infection.
- People who have hepatitis, Herpes, or Shingle.
- Cancer patient. The singlet oxygen attack with cancer cell surface cause them to be destroyed by the body immunity.
- People who have allergy, Urticaria, and asthma.
- People who have SLE, Rheumatoid, or Psoriasis.
- People who have microcirculation problem including Stroke, or Parkinson that don’t have adequate brain perfusion.
- People who have chronic ulcers such as diabetic ulcer, or bed sore.
Ozone Therapy equipment is a personal set and is one-use only, and the process is underwent by experienced medical profession. Safety, hygiene, and standardized procedures are guaranteed.